Movable Tiny Home Frequently Asked ?'s.

Q. What is a Movable Tiny Home?

A.    A structure on a chassis with wheels, used for dwelling purposes that provides complete independent living facilities for one or more persons and is located on the same lot as the primary dwelling (single-family or multifamily) to which it is an accessory use.


Q. Where can I park a ‘tiny home’ in California?

A.      California is a tiny-friendly state and will allow a permanent tiny home (aka ADU or Granny Flat) throughout the state.  However, currently, not every city allows Movable Tiny Homes.  To find out what your city regulations are, click here.


Q. What type of financing is available for ‘tiny-homes?”

A.      There are a few ways that one can obtain financing.  Click the chat button or contact us to discuss what might be your best option. 


Q. Are there any down payment assistance programs for Tiny-Homes?

A.    Yes! If you are a 'Community Hero' or are experiencing a hardship, we may be able to direct you to a grant for a Tiny-Home. Contact us today to find out if you can apply. 


Q. Do I have to register my Movable Tiny Home at the DMV?

A.    In participating municipalities where Movable Tiny Homes are legal, you will have to register your home at the Department of Motor Vehicles. 


Q. How can I determine what the fees are to register my Tiny-Home? 

A.      Determining your registration fee for your tiny home in California can be determined at this link.  https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do


Q. Can a Tiny-Home be on a permanent foundation or does it remain on wheels?

A.     A Tiny-Home is what you define it in size and whether it be on a permanent foundation or on wheels.  Be sure to check our 'Tiny Types' page to determine what your California jurisdiction will allow.  


Q. What is a health-care permit for a Tiny Home?

A.     A health-care permit or caregiver unit is allowed in several areas throughout California.  It is usually a temporary type of permit that will allow someone to be close to a caregiver due to health issues.  Contact us to find out more info and if your city will allow.


Q. What are the costs associated with placing a Tiny Home in my backyard?

A.    The costs associated with backyard Tiny-Homes other than the unit itself will include site-prep (grading, excavation, pavement if needed), utility hookups (water, sewer/septic, & electricity ), transportation, and installation for a basic placement. 

Q. What are the benefits of having a Movable Tiny Home versus a Permanent Tiny Home?



Copyright © 2021 TinyNow. All Rights Reserved​